Thursday, August 15, 2013

There Was A Time

When I was in high school, I fancied myself a poet. And friends, bless their little hearts, told me I was amazing at it. That's the problem with friends. They support you. Even when you're crappy at what you do. I don't know, perhaps it actually was good poetry at that time, but looking back on it, it's truly awful. I wrote far too much about how "in love" I was (what a joke, I was never in love in high school), and that I'd never be able to love again (thankfully, having never loved before, I have since loved). But I thought I'd share some of it anyway just because a) I need to post again and b) it's always funny remembering how intensely you looked at the world when you were a teenager. Super cheesy.

Last night
You knocked
On my door
And picked me up
For our first date
You took me out
To dinner
Which we ate
By candlelight
Then to a movie
Followed by
A simple walk
Down a moonlit beach
As we walked
We talked and laughed
Holding hands
With out fingers
Intertwined
You took me
In your arms
And looked deep
Into my eyes
And told me
How much
You loved me
You took me home
And gave me a
Long, sweet and tender
Kiss on my lips
This morning
When I saw you
I remember our night
And that you weren't really there

Gone from my life
Are sorrow and pain
As though my heart's
Been ripped from me
And I can feel no more
Which I don't wish to do
'Cuz gone with my sorrow
Are my hopes and dreams
And I can't feel love
For you, ever again
'Cuz my heart
Has been ripped out
And gone are both joys and fears
And I can feel no more
No more emotions
Ever again

No comments:

Post a Comment