Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Blog is Not My Journal is Not My Blog

I bought a journal just after Christmas, when everything at mall kiosks was half-off. because I’m going to write in a journal. and I’m going to write in my blog. I don’t even know how many times I’ve said such things in the past, but I really do think writing your life down is important, even if it all burns up in a fire and no one ever reads it.

I’ve changed a lot this year. I had my heartbroken, I got a job, I got a new tattoo and two new piercings. I’ve been a glutton for punishment. I tried going on medications, and decided I didn’t care enough to take them. I’ve cried a lot, and hopefully, laughed even more. I’ve read new books and re-read my favorites. I’ve bought more clothes than I can physically fit into my closet and dresser. I’ve made new friends and reconnected with friends I fell away from.

I always shy away from writing. first of all, I don’t think I’m that good at it. secondly, who cares about my life enough to read “journal” entries. then I thought: who cares about who cares? I write for me. because I love to write. I don’t care if no one reads this. and I’m not going to try to be witty or insightful or anything other than me. I just am. and that’s good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment