Friday, January 4, 2013

Together We Created These Scars

it’s been more than three years now since I was in San Francisco with Holly, and she and I got our dermal anchors. we both got two, parallel to our collarbones. hers on the left, mine on the right. both of hers rejected a while back, while only one of mine had. earlier this year, I knew I wouldn’t have mine much longer. anchors are a lot of upkeep, just keeping them from being caught on something. so I decided when my second one rejected, I would get Holly’s lips tattooed near them, like she was kissing the scars better. it’s been a few months since my second anchor got pried out, and this weekend, Holly made me several prints of her lips. last night, I took her lips to Electric Rose in Olympia, WA. and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment